Saturday, July 11, 2015

Pineapple Tart 2019

Ingredients
600g-700g flour (adjust based on dough consistency)
3 egg yolks
450g butter
60g Bird's custard powder
pineapple jam (I use Bake King)

Directions
  • combine all ingredients except pineapple jam until it forms dough
  • wrap the dough in cling wrap and keep in the fridge for 40min (optional)
  • use desired tart press and fill it with pineapple jam
  • Bake for 15 mins at 170 degrees C

Foodnote
My lovey-dovey pineapple tart aaawww. A must-have kueh at almost every house during Hari Raya. Found this simple recipe and most probably will stick to it because it is not sweet and just require few simple ingredients. Next time I must learn to make my own pineapple jam :)

2019 update: Use this recipe again for hari raya. This time I tried to make "tart nenas sepit" and I think I did it quite well. For this I use 10g of dough... but next time I think 8g will be nice. The pineapple filling, I bought from Chef Boutique. It is very deep orange but I think the taste is awesome. Still have some pineapple jam left so will make this again for Hari Raya Haji.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...