Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Sambal Cili Boh

Ingredients
200g dried chilli
1 cup of shallots
some garlic
0.5 cup vegetable/olive oil

Directions
  • cut and remove as much seeds from the dried chilli
  • rinse and boil the chilli for about 10mins and leave to simmer for 30mins more
  • leave to cool and blend together with the shallots and garlic
  • cook with some oil till the chilli is fragrant for about 30mins or so
  • store in small containers in the fridge/freezer

Foodnote
I prepared this in anticipation for the month of Ramadan. It will help me prep for my iftar meals so that I don't have to rush after work. I can make sambal tumis ikan bilis or fry noodles or make curry... whatever that needs cili boh. I bought the dried chilli from Mustafa. It looks so fresh and smells good. The small containers which are stainless steel and some enamel were bought from Daiso. Planning to get more so that I can prep up other things... like my favorite sambal pecel! I am so looking forward to fasting month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...