Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Tomato Ketchup

Ingredients
3 large tomatoes
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
0.5 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika powder
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp lea & perrins worcestershire sauce

Directions
  • core and chop tomatoes removing all the seeds if possible
  • put all ingredients in a pan and cook till boiling
  • simmer for another 10-15 minutes more
  • leave sauce to cool for 5-10mins and blend till smootht
  • pour in airtight container or sterile bottle
  • store in fridge

Foodnote
Run out of tomato sauce so decided to make my own. I have all ingredients on hand especially the paprika powder that is a gift from a dear friend all the way from US! This recipe is simple and I am very happy with the result. The consistency of the ketchup is perfect and not watery. Tasted so fresh and just enough acidity. I understand that this can last for up to 2 to 4 weeks in the fridge but I probably used it up by a week or so. Next time will definitely double the portion (I get about 200ml ketchup for this recipe)... but first I have to go to 711 to buy milk tea just so I can get another one or two of that cute little glass bottle hee hee.

Now I am looking forward to make my own homemade spicy chilli sauce. Must finish my current stock of store bought sauce first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...