Friday, April 29, 2022

Tart Nenas Daun (2022)



Ingredients
½ cup butter (340g and I use Lurpak salted)
2 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence (I use vanilla butter)
500g plain flour
1 egg
2 tbsp cold water

pineapple paste filling

Directions
  • scoop 1 tsp of pineapple paste and form balls with a lightly oiled teaspoon and put aside or keep in fridge
  • in a large bowl mix together butter, ghee and sugar with a spatula followed by vanilla till smooth and even
  • add the flour bit by bit and mix by hand
  • in a separate small bowl mix egg with cold water
  • add the egg mixture to the dough and mix again till the texture can be shaped (do not over mix)
  • take 1 tbsp of dough and form a bowl... fill with pineapple fillings and cover to form sort of a teardrop/leaf shape
  • using a makmur pincher, create the vein of a leaf (will get about 35-36pcs)
  • once all ready, brush the surface of each leaf with egg yolk (+ a bit of yellow colouring)
  • bake at 180ºC for 20min

Foodnote: Initially I wanted to make the usual tart with the love borders but then I came across this tart that looks like makmur. So I tried this recipe instead since it looks easy, I have all the ingredients and I am not making makmur this year. This is a traditional old school pineapple tart that people hardly make anymore. Since I am an ol skool person... so hey why not make this for 2022!

The recipe is good... the ingredients is quite spot on just like the video. Next time I will flatten the leaf more. Overall love this recipe.

For the pineapple filling, I actually use ready made. Bought Singlong brand and cook it again adding in a bit more orange coloring (because I find it too pale) and also cinnamon powder. Add a bit of water and cook till the paste don't stick to the pan. I let it cool down and keep in the fridge before using. There's a lot of paste left... enough to make another batch for Hari Raya Haji hehe.

Update 13 April 2023: Using the recipe to make open pineapple tart with "love mould", filling is about 1/2 tsp and baking is 165°C for 12min.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...