Sunday, November 13, 2016

Nasi Himpit / Lontong


Ingredients
1 cup rice
4.5 cups water
pinch of salt

Directions
  • clean rice and boil with water and salt just like the usual way of cooking rice
  • rice should be soft
  • quickly fill rice in container and press/level hot rice as much as possible with a spoon or using banana leaf if have lah
  • leave to cool
  • once cooled can cut like cake already hehe

Foodnote
I still have leftover 'beras cina' from Hari Raya so I make nasi himpit because it is easy. It is really a small serving just for one or 2 person. I'm planning to eat with peanut sauce or meat floss. Maybe I'll just make lontong goreng? Hhhmmm can't decide what to 'tapao' with my nasi himpit for lunch. My rice is not soft enough this time. Will perfect it again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...