Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Pandan Waffle



Ingredients
2 eggs
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp soft butter (43 grams)
koepo pandan / vanilla essence
200ml coconut milk
1 1/2 cup plain flour

Directions
  • using a mixer beat eggs till light and add caster sugar, baking powder and salt
  • once combined add in butter and continue beating till light and fluffy
  • add in pandan paste mix and add coconut milk
  • finally add in flour and beat till fully combined
  • batter is ready to be cooked in a pre-heated waffle maker
  • lightly oil the waffle maker
  • (since I am using a Kenwood sandwich maker, I cook 5min and then turn the waffle over and cook for another 5min)

Foodnote: I love love love waffles and I think Prima Deli's waffle is one of the best! Have not been successful as much with other waffles recipe but finally come across this! It really taste so yummy almost like prima deli especially with the crispy bits. The only thing is I am using a sandwich maker with waffle attachment. I don't have a waffle maker but this is good enough lah. I give a thumbs up to this recipe 👍🏽.

I get 8 small waffles. Ate some and keep the rest in the freezer for another day.

What I might try next time. Sift all dry ingredients together. Separate egg whites and yolks. Beat yoke with sugar, butter, coconut milk and pandan paste. Fold in dry mixture. Beat egg whites till stiff peak. Fold in egg whites to batter. Hope this will make the waffles fluffier?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...