Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Lempeng (Flat Pancake)

Ingredients
2 cups of flour
2.5 cups of water or fresh milk
1 egg
a pinch of salt
a bit of oil

Directions
  • combine everything together and whisk till no lumps
  • heat pan and lightly grease it with vegetable oil
  • scoop batter and spread it around with the scoop to form a thin layer of pancake
  • when no more raw batter is visible quickly flip the pancake to the other side
  • pancake is ready when the other side is cooked through
Foodnote
This is a very simple Malay pancake that is very very yummy to eat with curry, sardin, sambal, asam pedas etc. I personally think that this is a lazy substitute for roti kirai/jala hehe... Sometimes I eat my lempeng with just brown or red sugar. I know some people who ate it with condensed milk too. But for now... I am eating it with leftover thick chicken curry.... oh yumm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...