Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Sweet Corn Custard Pudding

Ingredients
130g custard powder
130g castor sugar
35g gula melaka or palm sugar
250g evaporated milk (can use coconut milk but I don't have any)
380g cream style cream of corn (I use 1 tetrapack of del Monte)
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
500ml water

Directions
  • blend/whisk custard powder, sugar, milk/coconut milk till no lumps
  • in a pan/wok bring water to a boil and pour in the custard mixture followed by the cream corn, vanilla & salt stirring constantly
  • keep stirring till mixture thickens (around 10-15min)
  • turn off fire and scoop into mould or pan to room temperature (15min)
  • chill in the freezer till set about 3-4 hour and cut to serve

Foodnote: I love corn pudding. I ever tried once but it didn't set properly *pout. Finally decided to make it again after my SIL send me a small container recently and I ate just few pieces and the rest was cleared by my niece. This time... success!!! I think I may have cooked too long and the top doesn't look smooth sob sob... oh well... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...